Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My brother sent me this guy's blog, and I read it every day now. I read it like I'm starving and he's got burgers on the grill.

***

I'm sitting here. Forcing myself just to sit and check my email, and eat cinnamon Eclipse mints. There are a million things to do, but I am sitting, on purpose. When it stops being on purpose, and it goes from restful to lazy, I'll know it. Then I'll get up.

When The Bug wakes up, he and I will walk to the store and buy dinner, and toothpaste, and milk, and then I'll rush around cleaning and cooking. But this is a good, quiet time.

***

This morning, I went to a tiny farmer's market near my place. I bought green bell peppers, an eggplant, light-green flecked zucchini, carrots, white nectarines, and avocado honey. Lists like that make the Redwall series good. There's so much good produce in my kitchen right now.

The bee lady was crazy, like bee ladies are, but I love her and I can't wait to talk to her again next week. I love geeks. Even bee geeks. Maybe especially bee geeks, because they remind me of a good part of my dad, an easy part. My dad's hobbies are always fun: bonsai trees, beekeeping, beer making, antique clock restoration. He follows through, too, does each one well and for years, and when he is done with one, he is done. He starts something else.

He's visiting tomorrow. He's sometimes difficult. I am never sure if I'm on steady ground while around him.

1 Comments:

At 2:54 PM , Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

I knew some bee geeks too. But they were amateurs. One day, in trying to smoke the bees to sleep they set fire to a meadow and nearly burned down some houses. Fortunately, since they called the fire station, they didn't get in trouble...

I like bees. Just not wasps or yellow jackets. THey bite.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home