Sunday, July 16, 2006

I went to Borders today. I picked up lots of books and read the first pages, then just hugged them to my chest for awhile. I love books.

I didn't buy any because I bought shoes and clothes. I did that even though my weight's been steadily rising, each week on the Weight Watchers scale. It's okay. I'll figure it out.

Wait, I did buy a book. I bought a cookbook. For that amount of money I could have bought two of the novels I wanted so badly, but the cookbook is pretty desperately needed. Every day, I hate figuring out dinner. Now I have some choices.

And there's always the library.

3 Comments:

At 11:33 AM , Blogger Moxie Parker said...

Yes - and the library has books on tape. So you can clean house, do jumping jacks, and listen to sexy British accents reading Pride & Prejudice at the same time!

 
At 7:19 PM , Blogger Moxie Parker said...

actually, i'm not sure about cleaning house and doing jumping jacks at the same time... i hadn't really thought that one through...

 
At 7:08 PM , Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

I can actually see you hugging those books, the mournful look in your eye when you must put them back. I have actually stopped buying books for the most part because I don't have anywhere to put them. I have a rockin' library and I use it well, but I miss the thrill of a new book, god how I miss it.

J

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home