Friday, July 28, 2006

Four amazing meals later, I can admit it: Rachel Ray is good.

My friend Michelle hates her, and I admit I hated her, too. The Bug loves her, though, will watch her show like she's a muppet, so I've sat through several 30-Minute Meals, never considering actually making one. Then, I saw her section at Borders - yes, she has enough books to warrant at least her own shelf - and I bought a cookbook. I'd been spending agonizing hours every day wondering what I was going to make for dinner, and meals had become boring.

I made three meals from the 365 - No Repeats book, and one from the Express one (with the super easy ones), and they have all been great. Delicious. Mister Aran didn't even have extra spice suggestions, which he always has.

I'm eating the leftovers now from my turkey burgers from last night. It is so good. I can't believe I made it. I mean, I ruined my own mother's meatloaf. It's a meatloaf I made hundreds of times while I was a teenager, yet I managed to botch it so badly as an adult that we had to have sandwiches instead that night.

Rachel Ray wants to teach people how to make cooking intuitive. I'm not there yet. I even have to (sadly) admit that her little Rachelisms are growing on me - though EVOO, Yumm-O, and Delish are still annoying.

1 Comments:

At 11:23 PM , Blogger Arlyah said...

Hehehe. The Rachel is gonna get ya! (to the tune of that gloria estefan song) :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home