Wednesday, October 20, 2004

AL, Whoring for Items, BRD and the Flu

I need a friendly reminder not to group up with Turiel for instances anymore.

The guild tag is sexy, though. He is in Afterlife. To me, this means he is not from Warcraft 3 or Diablo 2, which means he knows what is supposed to happen in dungeons and that means a lot to me. You get an invite to the Sunken Temple from a guy from Afterlife, you know the guy probably knows how to play his class and wants to get through it as quickly and with as few deaths as possible.

Turiel is a good tank, really. But he's impatient. If you need to med, or rez someone, you're just shit out of luck. He's way the hell on the other side of the instance, with just a flickering red hope of hp, and you know that if he dies, he's going to blame you. Also, he doesn't seem to like Biny, and I think that's a punishable offense.

Sunken Temple is pretty awesome, though. There's this part with this scary dragon/snake thing that is a ghost until after you kill a bunch of his minion things and then he comes to life! And he is only bones! It's like if the exhibits at the museum came to life and tried to kick your ass. I wasn't paying much attention, because in instances, I mostly watch the avatars, but what I saw was pretty rockin'.

Xarpolis is generous enough to make you a sexy new robe, but you will have to jump through some hoops first. He will want some runecloth and an ironwood spider silk (for which you will have to fly and ride to Nehrak in the Western Plaguelands and trade him some mageweave) and a gold - but before any of these negotiations happen, he will ignore you, then sound confused, then ask why Mr. Aran can't do it, making as if you are asking him for some dirty thing behind your husband's back, and only after you tell him NEVER MIND IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE WEIRD ABOUT IT will he grudgingly give you his list of demands.

So there's a new robe in my mailbox, but it's not fun anymore.

After all this madness, I met up with Temuchinx again. You may remember this guy from a few posts down. I was in the Badlands and he was cool enough to show me how to get to BRD, BRS, and the Burning Steppes. I haven't been able to play with him for weeks, seeing as how he shot past me to level 60 in a matter of seconds, so it was nice to see him again on his way to the Spire.

The unanswerable question: What level do you have to be for BRD?

I see this question asked in guild and general chat quite often. I've been the one asking a couple of those times. The answer never comes. For any other instance, you'd get a quick answer. Shadowfang Keep - twenties. Monastery - thirties. Spire - godly. Why can't anyone just say? Please to explain this.

For most of last week, Flu was > than me. I spent a hell of a lot of time draped onto my chair playing WoW because I couldn't lay down (it made me cough) and I couldn't really eat (fever) and I just wanted a distraction. So I'm level 52 now. I want my goddamn BRD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home