Thursday, October 07, 2004

Dumbshit Sickness; A Really Big Fucking Gorilla

I have a low-grade fever. I'm not seeing things too well. I slept so deeply that I woke up thinking I was in Colorado, at my childhood home, that my parents were together, and there was a cake hanging from the ceiling. I was trying to figure out how many points of cake I'd eaten. It took me a few minutes to realize I was in California. Then the Sous-alarm went off. My alarm has been on this classical station for years, I'm too lazy to change it, and the Sous-alarm is their way of being clever. Nothing like waking up to parade music.

I feel like utter hell, but it is not the kind of hell you can call in sick for, because it was self-induced. I believe that most illness is self-induced, but in this society, you can't call in because you made yourself sick being a dumbshit. I worked out too hard.

People who never work out build it up to be this horrible, difficult thing. What's really horrible and difficult is coming back to a certain kind of workout after not having done it for a month or so. You think you can do what you did before, and your body goes through the motions. Then you're fucked.

I did three sets of ten good squats with forty pounds. In between, I did jumping squats and jumping lunges. I did a few situps, maybe ten good burpees. It wasn't a real workout. It was the kind of thing I do when I haven't planned on working out.

Next day I was sore. A pleasant soreness. Sort of surprising. "Oh, it must have been too long since I worked out my legs! Should probably give them a light cardio workout tonight, just to let the blood flow." That kind of sore. Mr. Aran and I went to 24 Hour and proceeded to the eliptical trainers. Sore legs on an eliptical trainer is heaven. You feel nothing. The endorphins come, the blood in your legs moves mercifully away, you sweat a little. It's nice. I did some good ab stuff that made me feel super tight.

And now, this. My body simultaneously wants masses of protein and has no appetite. I am maneuvering around the office at point-five miles per hour. My fever has made my skin sensitive, so scratching my head hurts. I want to go home and crash, stare at the cake on the ceiling for a few hours, but that would be ridiculous.

----

As I suspected, the famous FoH boys flaked. I will track them down another time and write in detail about their drunkenness.

Last night, off the coast of Booty Bay, a few of us faced a really fucking big ape. I don't know what it is about Stranglethorn Vale that produces these massive beasts. Until we're sure, don't drink the water.

Drewon, Szader, Mr. Aran and I had all found messages in bottles on the sand near Booty Bay. This tauren chick was held captive on an island. We were feeling mighty, so we swam (or, in my case, levitated) across to the island and found her. This is when she drops the bomb on us: the guy holding her is a massive, 55 elite gorilla, and she ain't leaving until he's dead.

The four of us weren't going to cut it. I did a /who. I messaged a few people who had no love. I struck gold with a level 60 warrior who came over in a jiffy. I would love to give you his name, to add to your friends list of love, but my condition is bitchy with a chance of squish. I can't remember his name. There was a 'z' in it. I will try to find him later.

Sexy level 60 warrior guy made wormsmeat of Big Gorilla Guy and the tauren chick gave us her nose ring (ew!) to use as bracers. Sad days, though, as it was mail and I'm strictly a cloth kind of girl. They vendored well, and the quest gave me 8450 xp.

Off to Feralas with Mr. Aran, where we killed some ogres and I dinged 46. Half asleep, I travelled to TB to train a couple of new nukes and a level 2 Greater Heal. Now we are playing with powah.

4 Comments:

At 4:47 PM , Blogger Brendan Thorne said...

I was so hoping for some Samus-style debauchery.

 
At 5:10 PM , Blogger Samus said...

I am officially going out with the Famous FoH'ers tonight. There should be incoming debauchery.

 
At 5:15 PM , Blogger Chox said...

the same thing happens to me...my shoulders are really sore right now because i tried to impress myself the other day.

talk about being a dumbshit.

 
At 10:29 AM , Blogger Samus said...

It's even tougher to monitor exactly what my body needs when there are cute boys around watching. Although I'm sure blasting my legs is hardly sexy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home