Friday, October 08, 2004

Debauchery... of sorts.

Let's get this out of the way right now. Brittney... is a girl.

I was surprised as anyone.

Sean and Zhoup figured it would be better to sit at home and, I don't know, make out than come see me - fine. After some therapy and medication, I think I'll get over it. The Britt, Mr. Aran, Ace (Tec) and assorted Britt fans (Dantrin, Darren the Driver) came along to dinner at an Irish pub, where Mr. Aran had enough Guiness to numb the pain of his afternoon dentist appointment and I had red snapper with water. Yes, I am boring. I rarely drink, because when I drink, I act like my mother when she drinks.

Picture it: Denver, 1992, 2:00 AM. Your mother stumbles through the front door after many hours of drunken kareoke, singing at the top of her nasal voice: "My D-I-V-O-R-C-E! BECOMES FINAL TODAY! ME AND LITTLE J-O-E! WILL BE GOING A-WAY!"

So I don't drink much.

I go out with these kinds of people on occasion, and I always get geeked up. Drunken debauchery! Subtle hints that the boys are homosexual! Not-so-subtle hints that the girls are whores! It's my kind of party, in my head. So I put on my Bounty Hunter boots and head out, only to spend the evening zoning out while everyone else argues over whether Final Fantasy seven or nine was better. I eat all the appetizer bread. I wish I were a drinker.

I'd hoped the evening would degenerate into the kind of drunken debacles that happen during EQ conventions. I had to be satisfied with sitting around, making fun of Sean in his absence, and discussing the game. It was like irc, with beer and eye contact. But I played footsie with Ace, and then there was the general satisfaction that comes from being the hottest girl at the table.

Sorry, Britt.

4 Comments:

At 12:19 PM , Blogger Brendan Thorne said...

Holy shit! Britt is a girl? Then what's with all the drooling comments in the Pretty Girl thread? Is she part of the Little Pink Mafia?

 
At 2:35 PM , Blogger Samus said...

x(

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger Brendan Thorne said...

once I met a couple from my EQ guild out at a swanky bar. I strolled in with my haute-couture girlfriend and all her snobby friends. I looked around the bar and instantly recognized my guildmates. They looked like they belonged at a Star Trek Convention. I shit you not, it was The Comic Book Guy and The Comic Book Guy's Wife.

An hour later, we're in engrossed in conversation and I stop to look across the room. I eavesdrop down the bar.

"Oh my god, you would never believe who Krissy fucked."

"Dude, Chargers are going to kick ass this year."

"I think I like Mobb Deep better than Kurrupt."

"We still don't understand how to pull Rallos Zek."

 
At 10:28 PM , Blogger Samus said...

I have never played EQ and I have a pretty horrible view of EQ and Sony in general, but I would rather talk about EQ than the goddamn Chargers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home