Monday, October 11, 2004

A Friend, an Enemy

I was in Uldaman last night. I think. It's tough to recall. Between catnaps, I think I healed people. So Deeds may not have been a fantastic mage. I do know he was mostly quiet, attracted very little aggro, kept my buff up and handed water over whenever I was thirsty. In this day and age, that's notable. So add Deeds to the Samus Friends List, and send him some love whenever you get thirsty.

And then there was Gorthrock.

Ungoro Crater is my new favorite zone in the game. Forget the lush, gorgeous Faralas. Ungoro has the pretty rocks cropping up everywhere - red, green, blue, yellow! Waiting for you to loot them! And plants for you to pick and give to hungry kodos. And black dirt that's really... useful... to someone. And sometimes, when you're looting a yellow pretty rock, an enormous elite DINOSAUR comes and rapes you until you like it.

That's right. Ungoro is filled with dinosaurs. WoW never fails to fill me with awe.

Then there was Gorthrock.

A tauren in Ungoro has a hardon for gorillas. He loves them so much, he wanted me to kill several of them and bring him their pelts. Logic aside, Mr. Aran and I went off to find us some gorillas. In the gorilla cave place, we met a warrior named Gorthrock. He asked us what we were doing.

...

Writing a thesis? Washing our hair?

We were killing fucking gorrilas. Forgive me, but stupid questions don't warrant an answer. So I didn't answer. I waited until he started beating on our mobs to say this:

"Stop, please."

See, if Gorthrock hits something we're hitting, our xp is lessened. Unless we're having a difficult time, it isn't much appreciated.

Gorth didn't take too kindly to my polite request. He made it his life's mission to train fuck out of us for the duration of our gorilla-smacking time. At one point, you couldn't see Mr. Aran and I for the pile of gorilla corpses stacked around us. We did not die, however. Know why? Because EVIL NEVER WINS. Fuck you, Gorthrock. May you be the first person ever to know the humiliation of being kicked out of Silvermana, the guild that invites anyone.

1 Comments:

At 1:09 AM , Blogger Brendan Thorne said...

I was in Silvermana for about 12 minutes. They really will invite anyone!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home