Wednesday, October 05, 2005


Last night at Trader Joe's, I saw two sorta celebrities: Craig and Trenton from the Bravo show "Sports Kids Moms & Dads." Trenton was wearing his football pads and uniform. He was dirty and disheveled and beaming. He looked like a happy kid. It was weird, because I've seen this kid cry. I've yelled at Craig from the comfort of my living room. He's your typical asshole guy who has amounted to exactly zero in his own life, so he pressures his kid into realizing his lost dreams.

It could be that they cut the film to show him at Maximum Asshole Level. I know that happens. But it still upset me to see this kid weeping because he wasn't good enough for his dad. I wondered what it would have been like to call him on it, right there next to the sushi display.

1 Comments:

At 1:06 PM , Blogger Levi said...

There's a kid at school who's parents pressure him into every extracirricular activity known to man. It's kinda sad. It seems like the only fun he ever has anymore is when he does rails with his calculus tutor.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home