Friday, September 02, 2005

Some thoughts on Desolace

Desolace was revamped to the nines during beta, and it's pretty kick ass now. The best thing about Desolace has got to be Rexxar. Rexxar is my boyfriend. The most kick-ass humanoid NPC in the game by far. He travels around with his big fucking bear, Misha, looking badass, and no one screws with him. I blow him kisses and stuff, but he doesn't pay me any mind. What an alpha male.



My PvP character, Sumas (damn you alliance freaks who took the name Samus, AND Samoose I might add), has just dinged 38 and, with the help of Mister Aran, also known as Graymane the Bad Ass Hunter Who Plays More Often These Days, has ripped through Desolace. I like how there are quests all over the place, I like gaining troll faction (one of these days, I will own a dinosaur mount again. I must.), I like herding kodos over to goblins for cash, I like killing fruity satyrs and bitchy naga, I like the idea of a Demon Box. However, on the subject of that Demon Box quest, does it sadden anyone else to have to kill undead and orcs? I find myself wanting to reason with them. Why can't we be friends?

Desolace also gives just the right amount of good PvP opportunity. The alliance occupation is fairly sparse; the levels are within reason; and they tend to be pretty stupid.

The best part about a PvP server, besides killing gnomes of course, is hearing the call over general for help. I saw one such call yesterday from a mage: "[General] can ne1 help me im being corpse camped 1 39 mage cant kill with half health."

Hell yes, I can help, sweetie. He invites me and a 35 rogue.

On the way to making mincemeat of this mage, we run into a couple other alliance who want to play. This is where the stupid comes in: they totally ignore me and kill the DPS first.

The mage we went to kill followed suit at first, but on his second try, he wised up - sorta. He tried to kill me, while my rogue beat on him from behind. Having died for the second time, our corpse camper became the campee. He figured it out after that, though, and sheeped me first thing, then ran like a bitch. We still managed to kill him good, even though I forgot Undead Mind. Does Undead Mind work on sheep? I always forget Undead Mind, dammit.

The mage in the party left and the rogue and I killed alliance for fifteen minutes or so. All the while, we have this inane conversation.

[Rogue] U no were swamp of sorrows is
[Sumas] It's in the Eastern Kingdoms, in the Southeastern part of the continent.
[Rogue] so like by camp taurajo over here
[Sumas] No, it's on the other continent, way South.
[Rogue] lolz
[Rogue] can u take me to swamp of sorrows
[Sumas] Sorry no, I don't have time. I have a baby in my lap who needs to eat soon.
[Rogue] lolz
[Rogue] tell me more exactly were swamp of sorrows is
[Sumas] I'm not sure exactly how to get there. I can't remember.
[Rogue] i'll check thottbot then
[Sumas] Good, that'll probably be more accurate than I can be anyway.
[Rogue] lolz
[Rogue] its been 10 mos
[Sumas] Since you played?
[Rogue] this char yah
[Sumas] ah.
[Rogue] ive been in the army.
[Sumas] Okay, I have to go. Thanks for the fun.
[Rogue] take me to swamp of sorrows
[Sumas] I have to go now.

If he'd had a shred of personality, I may have remembered his name.

***

And finally, I took this shot in Desolace yesterday. Either there are some textures missing, or Desolace has some strange plant life going on.

4 Comments:

At 10:11 PM , Blogger Brendan Thorne said...

I wish Hyjal was a pvp server so you'd come back to me. :(

 
At 4:25 PM , Blogger Samus said...

I wish you'd grow a nut and pvp with me. :(

 
At 10:04 PM , Blogger jenny said...

Yes, please pvp with us. I haven't been playing much lately, but I'm going to start again soon. :(

Samus! :o <3

 
At 9:00 AM , Blogger Samus said...

I miss Jen lately!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home