Sunday, November 13, 2005

Mister Aran is out in the living room right now with The Bug. The kid refuses to sleep, especially lately, and I'm sure it's partly my fault. I belong to an online community of mothers of kids born last July and by two weeks after the births, women were triumphantly posting about their babies sleeping through the night. I usually reply to those threads with, "That's lovely. The day after I gave birth, my belly was flat." Because I hate those bitches, and I believe they deserve to still, at twenty weeks postpartum, look four months pregnant.

***

He will sleep, in bits and pieces, and only in my lap, and only when a nipple is close by. In his sleep, he finds the nipple and goes for it. I'm tired and the apartment is cold and I'm sure I'm fucking up this kid for life by not doing... whatever. There are lots of recommendations, but I'm too exhausted even to list them, much less do them.

***

Hyjal Samus lives again. She butched herself up to level 57 and two thirds and even went on a BRD run the other night. It took five hours and there were many wipes, like eight. She could've done with a bigger mana pool for heals and a more patient rogue and a more knowledgable tank. By the time she called it (and she did have to call it; everyone was crabby and wanting to continue), all her equipment was near broken and I was ready to pass out. The Bug had been on my lap the whole time and my ass was asleep. Mister Aran looked plaintively at me afterward and I thought of all the things I could've done in those five hours. I may never be a hard core raider. Which is sad, because Samus really is so kick ass.

***

Last night, I got a call from the cousin, begging us to go out so she could take care of The Bug. I'm pretty sure that if I'd married the way I was born to marry, I'd be begging other people to take the kid so I could get out.

The inlaws bring me food and then say, "We should hold him while you eat." It's all a grand ploy.

***

It's so good to see Mister Aran out there, holding the baby, to hug them both and smell them, to whisper, "My family."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home