Monday, October 31, 2005

I counted on my calendar and today is The Bug's 98th day outside my body. Two of those days were in a hospital, and the rest of the time, I've been winging it. Right now, he's on his back on my bed, kicking it up.

***

There's a lot of trash to take out, and wood to polish and we're talking a bunch of laundry, but I hurt my back somehow. I did it a week or two ago but I haven't said anything because I've hoped it would be a lingering soreness, something that would just go away. But it hasn't. It did for a few days, actually, and I felt really triumphant and went to a kickboxing class, but I aggravated it again somehow, probably lifting The Bug, who has got to be approaching twenty pounds now. All the surfaces from which you pick up a baby are these back-breaking heights, where it's impossible to use your knees because you're bending over a railing or something.

So now I limp around, and everything looks impossible. Something falls to the floor, I look at it with hate for awhile, then ignore it. My apartment looks like hell because I can't bend over without a lot of pain, can't lift, can't stand for too long, can't get comfortable anywhere. But in Mister Aran's office chair, I almost get a little respite.

If this were a real job, I'd call in sick.

3 Comments:

At 6:02 PM , Blogger S. said...

i reccomend chace unruh, d.c. -- he saved my life after i broke my neck and about gave up due to incredible bouts with pain.

661-288-0022

tell him sabrina cognata sent you and he will be gooderzinsky to you.

and yea, i just made up gooderzinsky.

awesome.

 
At 8:07 PM , Blogger Samus said...

Whoa. You broke your neck? Holy shit. And what does DC mean?

 
At 3:24 PM , Blogger S. said...

chiropractor, yo!

and yes, i broked my neck. i was 19, broken and completely tragic. in retrospect it was kinda awesome--had anyone told me that at the time, i would probably have knifed them with a tampon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home