Monday, May 09, 2005

It occurred to me this morning, while watching an overweight high school drama geek spend her summer going from zero to cheerleader on TV, that this is the first time in years that I have shrunk away from a challenge. The chick herself wasn't all that inspiring. She pissed and moaned and, I'm guessing, cheated on her diet. She had no energy or focus. She pulled it off in the end, but I couldn't help thinking that, at twenty-eight years old, I could do a better job.

It's all attitude. I've done amazing things with my life, things I never pictured myself doing. A year ago, I was ready to train to fight. And now, faced with this most normal of human enterprises, I would give up if I could.

What the hell? I'm the most capable person I know. People far less ready, with far fewer resources, have taken this on. Not only can I do this, I have no choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home