Monday, May 02, 2005

In keeping with yesterday's Costco theme

There's nothing like feeling dirty, exhausted, unable to breathe, sore, with cramping in the hips and an unbeatable urge to nap, then realizing: "I have spent all morning shredding papers."

That's right. The action of taking paper from a folder and placing it into the teeth of a shredder for two hours has made me as tired as an afternoon with my trainer used to.

Not to mention, I had morning sickness today for the first time in months. In one swoop, I remembered all that horrid nausea. It didn't help, this time, to have a creature inside my fragile belly jumping all over the place like I was his own personal inflatable castle. I can't even bend over the steering wheel like I used to; I'm too big now. I said all my old little prayers: "Please get me home before I hurl. Please don't let me hit any bumps." The bass on talk radio was too much.

I laid down for a few minutes and eventually felt better. Doing a load of laundry and cleaning up is a luxury my body affords me only a couple hours at a time before demanding rest.

Finally. I'm able to take a deep breath again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home