Thursday, March 24, 2005

Too much going on.

Mr. Aran took a new job. We're moving to be close to it. That puts me too far away to keep my job. Last day is next week. One day after that, I leave for Spain, and will be gone for two weeks. I'm hurtling toward the third trimester, will have new insurance and new doctor. Birth center at new place too expensive; will have to go with shitty hospital. Car accident last week. In-laws moving in with us.

There are supposed to be classes, right? I'm supposed to go in and take these classes where my birth partner sits behind me and I breathe in all different ways, or something, right? I heard through the grapevine that there should be daily long walks going on, and music you play to the fetus that he'll like post-fetus. There's the best-odds diet thing and there's this What To Expect During The First Year that you really should read before that first year is happening. There are people who want me to register places and gather together to party in the kid's honor. April's doctor appointment? Forget it; I'll be in Spain muthafucka!

It's too much to expound upon. I can't think about even one aspect of it. It's like an ant. You see an ant, a whole lot of other ants are coming.

The new place is nice. I wish it were more affordable, but I am horribly in love with it. It's in a small, surprisingly secluded neighborhood with trees, a few churches, a private school, a tiny grocery store, a workout room, pool, hot tub. Two bedrooms and a den and a ginormous patio which I will fill with plants and BBQ goodness. Two underground parking spots, quite nice as long as I drive in through the door that doesn't scrape inches off my spoiler and no one else has taken my assigned spots.

It's quiet. I've lived next to an airport and next to a street for a few years, so I'm not used to it. The floor doesn't creak. There's an elevator and the laundry room uses cards, not quarters. Zankou Chicken and my happy wonderful cousins, in that order, are quite close; Father Nature is a short drive. My old stomping grounds, from before The O.C.

I'm too tired to be excited about any of it, even Spain.

The kid jumps around violently these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home