Sunday, March 06, 2005

Pictures of the day:

Me, holding a copy of American Psycho (must get angry again) and this month's Harper's (new George Saunders fiction = sex), wearing a denim skirt and my husband's button-down dress shirt (my own button-downs no longer doing their god-given job of buttoning down) with not-quite-matching white boots, standing in the Pregnancy & Childbirth section of Barnes & Noble, cringing visibly at the women in the self-help section who are determining which book to give to a child for the purpose of explaining sex, also debating whether they should give up entirely and allow the school system to take care of this, widening eyes at my selections.

Me, twenty minutes later, my selections face-down on the carpet, resting on my bloodless shins, my face in my hands at the masses of information before me, eighteen plus years of parenting weight making itself at home in the middle of my back, my husband showing me a page from an illustrated book, this page containing the face of a yawning bear, the facing page stating "You don't have to agree with me, but it would be faster," stating that this describes my personality perfectly, my crouched position allowing me to feel the thrashing in my uterus.

1 Comments:

At 10:14 AM , Blogger me said...

Now that is one hell of a sentence!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home