Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My favorite aunt is dying now - what my hospice nurse mother calls "actively dying" - in Colorado. I haven't seen her in many years. Maybe ten. My brother was always her favorite, but that's okay. She is wonderful. I miss her.

Maybe it's because I haven't seen her in so long that I can't feel anything.

*

Tonight The Bug was returned to me overwarm from his lobster costume and heavily asleep. I laid him on his changing table and unzipped him, folded him out of the legs and arms of the thing. He snored slightly from the gunk in his nose. His lips are plump and shaped nicely, like mine. I clicked on the little light and laid him on my lap and clipped his nails. It's more difficult if he hasn't just had a bath, but I can't do it while he's awake.

Actually, strike that. Last time, he was awake. I talked him through it. He's growing up.

I thought of Aunt while I did all this. I wish she could have met him. They would have liked one another. After she passes I will ask her to come watch over us. I bet she'd do it. I bet she'd love to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home