Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The moment of truth: my first writing class is tonight. I have the terrible suspicion that it won't go well. Adding to my sense of doom: my first set of 450 thread count sheets arrived today from Overstock.com with no pillowcases. They credited me $10. In-store credit, that is. I think I got gypped.

Anyway, it isn't what sheets you sleep on, but who you sleep with, that matters. And I'm sure I'll learn something in the damn class. Like how not to start sentences with "and."




P.S. It probably isn't a good sign when "Writing Down The Bones" is one of the class textbooks. I foresee hours spent contemplating grease stains on pavement and long-winded diatribes about childhoods that begin with, "I remember..."

1 Comments:

At 6:12 PM , Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Normally I would say "think positive." But somehow, I think you're right. At the least you may feel like the smartest person in the room.

Though I'll still hold out hope that it blows your mind :)

J

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home