Monday, January 12, 2009

About potty training: alcohol helps.

I have heard the following words 285y9869472065720707052734 times: "It's dancey-dance time! Go! Go! Go Brobie! Go! Go! Go Brobie! I like to dance! Hahahahaha!"

He sits backward on the toilet. He's too big for potty chairs. At one point today he was bent over the lid, sobbing and singing at the same time: "No, no, no, don't take the toy away... say you're sorry..."

I have developed a twitch in my right eye.

I wasn't forcing him to sit there while he sobbed, by the way. He was tantruming about a cookie. I watched him and thought, if this were caught on video, it would be on the news. Headline: world's worst mother forces her innocent child to sit on the toilet while he sobs and strains. I could hear the anchor's deep voice saying, "Our more sensitive viewers may want to change the channel while we play this video."

That's alcohol for the parent, not the kid, by the way, but what an idea.

2 Comments:

At 2:29 PM , Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

But you know why parents way back when used to give their children a little brandy in the milk, dontcha!

All I can say to this is: Oy.
Hang in there.

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Where'd ya go? Any new developments in potty training? Have you tried heroin yet?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home