Monday, February 04, 2008

I'm thinking on Brendan lately, cause he spawned. I got the pictures in email and the kid looks a little like her, a little like him. Mister Aran noted that Mrs. Brendan probably has phenomenal knockers now - the one time we met her, on accident, outside the Gypsy Den, we were both taken back by her beautiful glittery breasts, and she wasn't even pregnant then - and the baby herself looks pretty much like most new babies. Like a... like something that just cracked out of a shell. Like a pea, or a weird little fruit. Like a shriveled miracle.

They're probably doing the tiptoe dance around this new chick in their lives now. Like trying to walk after going blind, every step going out into black space. I hope one or the other of them have been around babies before, like a sibling, so they're not so terrified. I know Brendan mostly has older siblings, though, and younger siblings seem to come together. I don't know why. Being an older or younger sibling must be a profoundly different experience. I know Mister Aran and I are oldest siblings, and there's something about it. A tendency to get out of the way, to not be the center of attention, to share, if begrudgingly, to know that this is life.

Anyway, congratulations, my adopted little brother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home