Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Sometimes I read to escape, but it still has to be good. If it isn't better than what I can do, it isn't escaping.

Sometimes I read to connect. That's nonfiction. I had a big blogger period, where I couldn't get through a day without clicking on about twenty blogs. I read a book published by the Salon people about whether or not to have babies, right after I'd had one. That time right after the baby's born is lonesome. And I read a book about Genghis Khan because he's my hero.

Now I'm reading so I don't look like an idiot. I bought a book full of "intellectual devotionals," one-page explanations of all kinds of stuff in tiny type and small words so I can understand it. One thing I hate about myself is how uneducated I am. So I love this book. I try not to think of it as McEducation. I think of it as a jumping-off point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home