Monday, July 04, 2005


This is just a picture I stole from the LiveJournal image generator. I guess it's the first on my blog. I like it a lot.

***

Everything is on hold. Blood and poo do not move. They sit where gravity puts them, like they're on strike. There's a lot of pain now, mostly at night and in the morning. Changing positions is a chore. Picking something up off the floor is only barely possible. Laying on my back feels wrong.

The kid is capable of hurting me now. I should get used to that.

What I'm waiting for, now, is rhythm. Some people freak when I tell them I'm having a fake contraction, which is what I call my Braxton-Hicks stuff. Say Braxton-Hicks to someone without a kid and they'll act like you sneezed without covering your mouth. I have to explain that they're fake, or practice, contractions. Just my body doing its thing to prepare. I know they aren't real because there's no rhythm. No way to time them, no crippling pain. Also, I have to believe that I'll know when it's happening. All this time, my mind has had trouble with this whole thing but my body has quietly done its work without my permission or help. I'm hoping the two converge during the labor.

I refuse to waddle when I walk or windmill when getting up from sitting. I'm stronger than that.

2 Comments:

At 3:54 PM , Blogger Brendan Thorne said...

What is that thing? Rat? Hamster?

 
At 12:12 PM , Blogger Samus said...

It says it's a mouse in the file name, but we think it's a hamster.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home